Venus, false color

Now with the Calcium K line filter at hand, and some decent sky, I imaged Venus. The first problem was finding it, from my hole-in-the-wall balcony and not an exact polar alignment. To be able to pull such a feat, I had to build something: from some arduino modules, I put together an inclinometer to get the tube’s altitude, and then look for the planet at the suspected orientation for the given azimuth.

I used my usual gear, with the mentioned enhancement, with a mono camera and the Baader K-line Calcium filter, HEQ5, N250/1200, TSO ADC, ASI 178MM, Calcium K-line, and ASI224MC with the UV/IR,  home observatory, mountpusher

The accelerometers indicate the altitude

The accelerometers indicate the altitude

the lcd is in an awkward position, I’ll move it

the lcd is in an awkward position, I’ll move it

the arduino and the accelerometer+gyro module

the arduino and the accelerometer+gyro module

Venus in Calcium K line

Venus in Calcium K line

Venus in RGB with the ASI 224

Venus in RGB with the ASI 224

color coded UV

color coded UV

colorcoded rgb

colorcoded rgb

composite: Venus, false color

composite: Venus, false color

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail